A very big thank you to Paul Chiddicks for nominating andiwebb.net for the Liebster Award.
I was nominated by;
• Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions given to you.
• Share 11 facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5-11 other bloggers. (But I chose to nominate 3)
• Ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice. I did not as they already have the same 11 questions as I did.
• Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
My Answers for Paul are as follows:
1. Have you or do you ever want to write a book?
Yes, I wrote a book entitled ‘Eighteen Moons‘ available on Amazon.com. The story of how my wonderful family came to be. A story of heartache and frustration spanning eight months estranged in Mumbai India, five months denied a passport in Bangkok Thailand and finally five months, post the terrible earthquake in Kathmandu Nepal. On each occasion, We rode the final wave of international surrogacy in that territory.
2. How long have you been blogging and what is your favorite subject to write about?
I have been blogging now for Eighteen months. Well there’s a coincidence! I started blogging in order to raise awareness of my first book ‘Eighteen Moons’. As a diarist, it is fairly clear that I write about my family and their various antics, living life here in ‘The Shires’ of England. There is a second book, also on Amazon, ‘Thirteen Moons More’. I guess you can work that one out by the title! It is the story of just who we are now! An edit from my diary, the year before the little ones fledged the nest and started big school!
3. If you could move to a different town, state or country… where would you be?
After most of my adult life being spent in London Town. I find my pace of life now quite a relaxing one. I am not sure that I would change that for the world. However, my younger self craved the bright lights of NYC. Also back then, I visited San Francisco. There’s always a place in my heart for ‘The Bay’ area. In fact, if I had not met John when I did, I would have made the move. So, ‘If you’re going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair’!
4. What is your favorite quality about yourself?
I am committed, or sure as hell should be!
5. Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert or even both?
I think both to be fair! We are a complex breed, humanity.
6. What is THE JOB of your dreams?
I spent 20yrs designing – I love to create. Surely that has to be the perfect job?
7. Other than blogging/writing what is the one favorite thing you LOVE to do?
I LOVE to… now, that would be telling, wouldn’t it!
8. Where is one of the first places you plan on going after quarantine is over?
Definitely London and alone! Completely alone.
9. Speaking of Covid-19, is there anything that you learned about yourself or will be changing about yourself when ‘life moves on?’
I would like to say that I have become a lot more patient both with myself and with others. But, I still get stressed, it’s hard not too when it’s usually me that has to play ‘Bad Cop’ with the children. That is fine though, it’s part of the human condition after all. I would like the rolls of ‘Good Cop/Bad Cop’ a bit more 50/50 though!
10. Is there anything as far as food that you will absolutely NOT eat?
Insects! Definitely not. I’ll leave them for the birds.
11. Do you own a website for your writing?
That’s easy – you’ve found me here, out here in the ether of worldpress!
Right, those were the pre-laid out questions. Now some ‘Facts About Myself’.
1. I began shaving my head at the tender age of 24yrs old.
2. My favourite colour is blue. Also Amritsar and Thor’s favourite colour.
3. I am ambidextrous, though I might have mentioned this on my blog in the past.
4. I have liked classical music since the age of 16. It started with listening to Gregorian Chants. I later went on to date a (ex)Gregorian Monk for a short while.
5. Dadda loves to make jam! And one day I want to publish a part recipe book / memoir. Full of jam making, served up with lots of witty banter! Possibly using excerpts from my blog. Dadda Gets Jammin’
6. John and I met in an infamous bar in West London (more years ago than I care to remember).
7. I often sunbathe in the nude!
8. I was once a licensed doorman in Westminster’s Soho and Covent Garden (London‘s West End)!
9. My Degree was ‘Silversmithing, innovation for a Industry. Oh! And I did year 1 of a Geology degree. That being cut short, due to our choice to start a family.
10. I lived above a brothel the 3 years before I met John.
11. My blood type is ‘O‘ positive. That makes me pretty normal, right?
Maybe we can just copy and paste the initial 11 questions asked of me guys? Just delete my answers and replace with your own!?!
My Nominees A
1. Anna Desseau https://homeschoolguru.org
2. JJ’s Real Talk https://jjrealtalk.wordpress.com
3. Ingrid https://experimentsinfiction.com
I am only going to subject these 3 lovely people to this challenge not the 5 – 11 as recommended.
You don’t have to be nominated however to join in on the discussion and sharing. I’d love to see everyone’s answers! And thank you Mr Chiddicks, you really have made me think about a few things today! I don’t think this exercise will get registered with the Liebster Awards. It’s only a bit of fun really. Lol
Enjoy – let’s have some fun with it.
All my best wishes – Andi (and all the others who have played along with this thus far)!