Daddy and Dadda’s Dinner

Two nights ago John enjoyed salmon and butter tossed broccoli. I was of course fasting! The additional salmon that I cooked was brought forward to last nights starter! You see, a dessert or pudding is definitely out and I can see John buckling if he does not think this diet is working for him! Hence, I am bringing back a starter courses in order to make him believe that he is still eating in the lap of luxury. An little gem lettuce was shredded and salmon crumbled on top then a liberal dousing with a shop purchased Cesar dressing. Sumptuous and flavoursome!

The use of tomatoes and onions was key to allowing Mediterranean sauces like the tomato and basil sauce that accompanied Dadda’s pork and turkey meatballs last night. Last nights spaghetti substitute being garlic butter green beans. I’m thinking spiral courgette spaghetti bolognese for next week. The general idea is to interspace a night with low carb veg with one of pure protein and fat. So tonight looks like a proper Full English Fry-up of sausage, bacon and eggs! The starter will be John’s home made chicken liver pate. It’s a thing he does every Christmas and this years batch didn’t taste half bad.

Back to Dadda’s curry – Made a whole load of curry sauce this morning and converted 20% of it into Lamb tikka masala. Recipe to follow. The other 80% is in 4 freezer bags now sat alongside the other 2 portions of meatballs with tomato and basil sauce, safely in the freezer for additional quick and simple easy meals for the coming weeks. That’s the trick isn’t it? Forward planning…

Published by

diaryofagaydad.net

A Gay Dad reflecting on life in the Shires of England with my not so famous five and two rapscallion Dalmatian hounds

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s