Today’s Diary Entry

What can I say! A fairly calm, yet crazy day here in ‘The Shires’, Just myself and the children, all pretty much on overdrive. John dining out in Dublin tonight with his two sisters and I am settled in front of the TV watching Netflix. It is just coming up to 10pm. The children were in bed by 7pm but decided to continue play until about half an hour ago. They are at a point where they are not as likely to ‘trash’ their room as they used to be on their late night antics, so much that I can rest in the relative knowledge that all is well on the top floor.

The smell of curry still emirates and intoxicates. In amongst today’s goings on, the children put on a ‘show’ for me this afternoon, the girls were singing and the little ones just having lots of fun.

I cooked a gravy (curry sauce with tempered spices, onions and tomatoes) freezing about 70% and using the other 30% to make a kilo of dal, now chilled and frozen.

They ate square burgers in ciabatta with sliced pickles, ketchup and American mustard for dinner, accompanied by that Tortilla we all helped to produce earlier. Caleb did not complain so I guess his gripe about eating eggs is over! Match point for ‘Team Dadda’. More tomorrow – thank you for reading.

Published by

diaryofagaydad.net

A Gay Dad reflecting on life in the Shires of England with my not so famous five and two rapscallion Dalmatian hounds

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s